T
1842 – Walcherova huť (Walcher Iron Mill) was built 1844 – Enamelling Plant was built 1845 - "Great Gold Medal" award at the Industrial Exhibition in Vienna 1849 - Construction of the first cupola furnace 1871 - Construction of the second cupola furnace 1884 - The first steel castings 1894 - Construction of the first hydraulic moulding machine with two units for             casting mining truck wheels and rail switches 1896 - Ball mill was built for the preparation of moulding mixtures 1906 - Austrian Mining and Metallurgical Company established 1927 - Commissioning of a new steel foundry 1946 - Nationalisation 1954 - Introduction of spheroidal graphite cast iron (LKG) production 1975 - Production of 104,459 tons of castings 1991 – Founding of Třinecké železárny, a.s. 1997 -1998 - Restructuring with the help of an external consultant 1999 – Founding of Slévárny Třinec, a.s. (100% owner Třinecké železárny, a.s.) 2007 – Commissioning of HWS automatic moulding line 2012 - 170 years of casting production in Třinec   
There is a long tradition of foundries in Třinec. The first foundry was built in 1842, three years after the founding of Třinecké železárny. Foundries have always had an important role in the production process. All iron was produced in blast furnaces during the first thirty years and was processed at foundries. At that time, commercial castings were primarily produced. Main production was gradually shifted to rolling mills and foundries started fulfilling a service-oriented role. Their technical and technological development was connected with the needs of the ironworks, and with the passage of time, to other metallurgical enterprises in Czechoslovakia (especially in the Moravian-Silesian region). After 1989, there was a need to focus on areas other than metallurgical production. Foundries had to take on the role of a service provider for metallurgical and other commercial companies. For this reason,  Slévárny Třinec, a.s. was launched as a subsidiary of Třinecké železárny in late March 1999.
History The first foundry was built in 1842
© 2012 - 2014 Slévárny Třinec, a.s.
INTRODUCTION COMPANY PRODUCTION QUALITY REFERENCES CONTACTS DOWNLOAD